Modules & Specifications
Virfac supports the following Windows 64-bit machines:
Vista SP2, Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1
Morfeo supports the following Windows 64-bit machines:
XP, Vista, Windows 7 or 8
Morfeo supports the following Linux 64-bit machines:
GFortran 1 library and 2 library
OpenMpi 1.2.8 version, with or without SLURM module
Morfeo is the massively parallel FE solver of Virfac. The standard module offers the SMP (Multi-threaded processing) and DMP (Distributed parallel) using up to 12 processors. Over 12 cores, the pricing increases with the number of cores.
Virfac® is the powerful and user-friendly user interface of Morfeo. It gives the user the possibility to setup complex models of welding, heat treatment and machining processes within a short time and in an integrated industrial environment.
- Welding Designer is based on transient numerical modelling of the welding processes. The thermo-metallurgical-mechanical modelling allows to accurately predicting the distortions, residual stresses and metallurgical transformations. Precise results can be obtained within an industrial time-frame thanks to Morfeo's massively parallel solver capabilities and unlimited cores.
- Welding Scheduler is based on the inherent strain method (or local-global method) using solid elements. The local model is handled using Virfac Welding Designer. At this scale, a thermo-metallurgical-mechanical coupling is performed and accurate plastic strains are computed. The latter are transported to the global model where the map of plastic strains may be either extruded or fully interpolated along the welding lines. A stationary linear elastic analysis follows. The major advantage of this method is its computation time which is extremely small. The use of Virfac® Welding Scheduler enables the optimization of the welding process by modifying the welding sequence e.g. in order to improve the process without having to perform expensive experimental work.
- Friction Stir Welding is based on both a thermo-fluid and a thermo-mechanical formulation. The first one is used to model the friction stir welding and the effect of materials stirring on the temperature increased and energy generation. The multiphysics and multiscale coupling with the thermo-mechanical analysis leads to accurate and predictive results in terms of residual distortions, residual stresses and microstructure after FSW. This module has been validated both for aluminum and steel joints.
- Crack Propagation Timelife is a software product for the computation of the stress intensity factors along the front of three-dimensional cracks and the prediction of crack propagation under fatigue loading.
- Heat Treatment is a new analysis dedicated to heat treatment modelling. This new system allows the user to easily model heating, cooling, annealing and quenching of complex parts. In addition, it provides a fast computation methodology for modelling carburizing, the results of which can be used to compute the influence of the solute on the plastic strains due to phase transformations.
- Machining Direct provides the user with a fast methodology to compute the relaxation of internal residual stresses due to the removal of material by machining. This module is particularly suited for aero structures components.
- Machining Level Set provides the user with a fast methodology to compute the relaxation of internal residual stresses due to the removal of material by machining, which uses level-sets technologies. This module is particularly suited for aero engine components.
- CAD Translators helps the user to load and setup the model on several CAD geometries (Catia, Pro-Engineer, STEP, etc.) different from the native format of Virfac (Parasolid).
Modules and Products Not Currently Available Through the APA
- Welding Mega is a new welding analysis using JWELD solver from JSOL. It enables the user to predict or simulate assembly deformation for a variety of welded structures, ranging from simple welding joints to numerous weld lines. JWELD is a non-linear finite element solver dedicated to shell finite element calculations. Virfac/Mega interfaces with the JSOL inherent strain database which stores weld models based on experimental or detailed computational data. Virfac/Mega provides a very quick welding modelling prediction tool capable of treating a very large number of welds for sequence optimization.
- Virfac iAM offers a disruptive technology based on a new generation solver engine entirely dedicated to the modelling of additive manufacturing. Virfac iAM is connected to the powerful Barracuda solver developed by GeonX, which runs on GPGPU processors bringing teraflop computing to desktop. Virfac iAM module aims to become the true virtual manufacturing simulator side by side to the manufacturing machine.