by NovaCast Systems AB
Modules & Specifications
- PC with Quad-Core(4) or 6 or 8 core processors (Multiple processor support)
- Highly recommended: Pentium XEON processors
- Microsoft Windows Vista or 7, 64 bit (runs also on 32-bit version of Windows but with limited RAM memory <3.3 GB)
- Recommended 8GB RAM for gravity and 16 GB RAM for HPD
- 200 GB free hard disk space
- Highly recommended: Solid state drive as primary disc where simulation should run and be stored during simulation, normal HDD for storage after simulation as secondary disc
- Minimum screen resolution 1280 x 1024 with at least 16-bit color resolution
- Graphics card supporting OPEN GL support
- 3D mouse for rotation, move and zoom. System supports 3D Connexion Space navigator
- 3D Import: Imports STL and STEP files in single or assembly format. Fixes some errors with the files. Accuracy can be changed. Positioning of solids, creating shells, assembly of all different components.
- Initial Settings: Meshing with Control Volume meshing technology. Assigning correct materials to different solids as well as temperatures. Setting up initial filling parameters. Setting up all settings related to heat transfer and solidification.
- Browser: Viewing and investigation of all stored results from the simulation modules.
- Default Settings: Default setting of all possible parameters for all modules.
- Database: Open material database for casting and mold materials.
Modules and Products Not Currently Available Through the APA
NovaMethod: 3D Cad system that is designed as a the Preprocessor to NFS handling all 3D issues including fixing of files, changing files and de-featuring.
NovaShot: Module calculates process data for the High pressure die casting process. It is a spreadsheet calculation based on rules and formulas designed by the North American Die Casting Association.
Calibrate: Calibration of thermal properties using thermal analysis.