Introduction to WinProp (2 Days)
WinProp is a 3D simulation software suite that enables users to simulate electromagnetic wave propagation and wireless network planning. WinProp offers many solvers: empirical and semi-empirical models (calibration with measurements possible), rigorous 3D ray tracing models as well as the unique Dominant Path Model (DPM). WinProp can solve a wide range of scenarios: rural, urban, indoor, tunnel, vehicular. WinProp supports arbitrary transmitters including cellular and broadcasting sites, satellites, repeaters, and leaky feeder cables.
The training aims to familiarize new users with the WinProp interface. Through guided exercises, users will become familiar with the main simulator, ProMan (Propagation Manager), for indoor, urban and rural/suburban scenarios. To prepare models, two additional modules with be used: AMan (Antenna Manager) for antenna patterns and WallMan (Wall Manager) to construct or process indoor and urban geometries.
• Two days
• Presentations and hands-on exercises
• One student to a computer
- Overview, Live Demonstration and Video
- Basic Indoor Propagation Analysis
- Urban Propagation Analysis
- Virtual Drive Test (Antenna performance evaluation)
- Time Variant Scenario (V2V, V2X)
- Automotive RADAR (ACC radar)
- Automotive RADAR with RCS info from Feko
- MIMO in Network Planning
- MIMO through Post Processing (Optional)
Cost: $1000 per attendee ($500 for Academic Students / Universities)